Based at the International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET), the ISET Policy Institute (ISET-PI) is one of the first university-based think tanks in the South Caucasus. ISET-PI complements the educational mission of ISET by delivering training, conducting research and analysis, expressing views on policy, and providing a professional platform for policy discussions and debates.
ISET-PI is seeking a part-time research assistant, preferably an MA student in the last year of his/her studies or a recent graduate. The internship is paid, and the amount of remuneration will depend on the qualification of the candidate.
Title: Part-time Research Assistant/Intern
Application Deadline: November 9, 2017
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
The main responsibilities and tasks of the research assistant include:
• Working with the senior researchers and other team members to produce publications (e.g., academic articles, policy briefs, blog posts, news items, etc.)
• Helping organize events, conferences
• Conducting literature reviews
• Conducting statistical analysis
Qualifications and skills:
• A university degree in the social sciences (e.g., economics, political science, anthropology, law, development studies)
• Ability to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research
• Excellent command of English and Georgian languages (both speaking and writing)
• Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills
• Experience using basic computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience using Stata would be considered an advantage.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to the following email address: [email protected] Please indicate “Research Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The deadline to apply is November 9, 2017.