If you are an undergraduate student of an accredited higher education institution or a student of a vocational education institution in Georgia and ongoing economic reforms in the country interest you, this call is for you!
"ReforMeter" offers you to choose one reform out of the four proposed economic reforms (E-commerce reform, Insolvency reform, Water Resources Management reform, Capital Market Development reform) and write an analytical blog around it. Competition winners will have an opportunity to choose prizes from different award categories (specified below).
You need to do the following to participate in this competition:
- Register for the competition by December 25, 2022
- Choose an economic reform that interests you. Project “ReforMeter” has selected four economic reforms for this competition:
- Write an analytical blog around the selected reform and submit it to [email protected] no later than February 15, 2023
Stages of Competition
I stage - Registration: Applications for the project are being accepted by the "ReforMeter" team by December 25, 2022
II stage - Submission: Students participating in the project submit an analytical blog around selected economic reform no later than February 15, 2023
Criteria for assessing blogs:
- Content and adequacy:
- How well does the blog correspond with the chosen reform?
- How relevant are the components of the reform discussed in the blog?
- How analytically-minded is the author's reasoning in the submitted blog?
- How creatively does the author address the chosen topic?
- How coherent is the blog?
- Does the author cite any verifiable material, such as data or relevant literature?
- Does the author follow principles of academic honesty?
- Funding of a thematic educational course related to the selected reform
- Funding access to a thematic educational resource (e.g. subscription to an international journal or access to digital platforms)
- Internship with the “ReforMeter” executive team at ISET Policy Institute
There will be two winners announced in this competition.
The project “ReforMeter” is implemented by ISET Policy Institute and is supported by USAID Economic Governance Program. Our goal is to generate reform progress analysis for policy-making and public dialogue, thereby promote informed debate about reform priorities and policy decisions, improve accountability and help build trust between the government, the private sector, and the general public. The first phase of ReforMeter was implemented during 2016-2019. The new phase of the project will be implemented during 2021-2024.
More information about “ReforMeter” can be found HERE.