Organized by ISET in cooperation with FREE Network
Conference: Gender Equality and Women’s Economic Empowerment in Times of Crisis
Tbilisi, 19-20 October 2023
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Elizabeth Brainerd, Brandeis University, USA
The FREE Network – the Forum for Research on Eastern Europe and Emerging Economies – and the International School of Economics at TSU (ISET) and its Policy Institute, are delighted to extend a warm invitation to participate in an international conference on gender economics entitled: "Gender Equality and Women’s Economic Empowerment in Time of Crisis”.
The objective of the conference is to bring together academics, policy practitioners, and the broader development community to present policy-relevant academic research, discuss why the focus on gender equality and women’s economic empowerment matters in times of crisis (wars, pandemics, global economic and political uncertainty), how crisis affect gender equality, and how better policies to remove existing gender equality constraints can help achieve wider development goals.
We are currently accepting abstracts (max 500 words) presenting research on, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Impact of COVID-19 on education, labor market, economic and social outcomes for women and men
- Impact of climate change on gender inequality and Women’s vulnerability
- Gender gap in the allocation of time to unpaid domestic work in the context of COVID-19
- Gender gap in political participation – challenges during the time of crisis.
- Son preference and gender-biased sex selection: causes and consequences.
- Intimate partner violence in times of crisis
- War and violence against women
- Gender Equality and post-war recovery
· Online submission is open via [email protected] please type the subject box with Call for papers submission: Gender Equality and Women’s Economic Empowerment in Time of Crisis. The deadline for submission: 19 June 2023.
Conference dates: 19-20 October 2023
Deadline for abstract submissions: June/19/2023
Notification of acceptance: Jul/10/2023
Full-paper submission for accepted abstracts: Sept/15/2023
There is no conference fee but participants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs. The conference is organized as part of the FROGEE initiative - the Forum for Research on Gender Economics – supported by the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida) and coordinated by the Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics (SITE).
For more information, please visit the website: https://iset.tsu.ge/index.php/conferences/frogee-conference