Based at the International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET), the ISET Policy Institute (ISET-PI) is one of the first university-based think tanks in the South Caucasus. ISET-PI complements the educational mission of ISET by delivering training, conducting research and analysis, expressing views on policy, and providing a professional platform for policy discussions and debates.
ISET-PI is seeking a Data Scientist who will report to the ISET-PI Deputy Director.
Position: Data Scientist
Reporting to: Deputy Director
Start time: January 2022
Direct Reports: 1
Main responsibilities include:
- Managing the data unit;
- Managing data storage and organization;
- Coordinating activities of the Data Center with the rest of the institution; working closely with the ISET-PI Lead Economists and researchers;
- Establishing contacts and partnerships with key data generators;
- Designing data collection strategies for specific projects;
- Managing/coordinating data collection efforts;
- Suggesting proactively interesting and feasible directions for data collection and analysis, and trainings;
- Coordinating and conducting internal training where needed;
- Suggesting proactively interesting and feasible directions for data collection and analysis.
- A Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, Applied Economics, or a related field;
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience is required, with demonstrated experience in performing comparable duties;
- Good management skills and ability to meet deadlines while providing quality outputs;
- Good oral communication and writing skills;
- Fluency and good command of English and Georgian.
- Strong knowledge of Python and its web-scraping libraries;
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS elements for data collection from online sources; strong;
- Working knowledge of statistics and machine learning concepts.
How to apply:
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send letter of interest and CV to: [email protected] with “Data Scientist” in the subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The application deadline is December 19, 2021.