ISET Policy Institute is seeking to hire a deputy director for the policy institute. ISET-PI offers an intellectually stimulating, collaborative working environment, excellent possibility for professional advancement, competitive salary, and benefits.
Position: Deputy Director for Policy Institute
Reporting to: Director of ISET and ISET Policy Institute and Executive Board
Start time: January 2022
Direct Reports: 5
- Under the Director’s leadership, is responsible for ISET Policy Institute (ISET-PI) development, with a special focus on new business opportunities, fundraising, longer-term local and international partnerships;
- Heads up ISET-PI Business Development Office and its staff;
- Leads coordination between all relevant departments and management to identify and pursue funding prospects, and development of funding proposals;
- Assists ISET-PI teams in identifying and securing partners and funders for their potential projects.
- Takes the lead/develops projects proposals, with particular focus on large, long-term, and regional/ international projects
Project Management and Compliance
- Coordinates management and delivery of ISET-PI projects, covering and contributing to the full project cycle from application and budget planning, to contracting, through execution and external reporting;
- Manages large, complex, multisectoral projects
- In close coordination and through joint work with Head of Finance Department leads ISET-PI financial planning and internal processes, including monitoring and planning of annual budget, compensation, bonuses, and related issues;
- Is responsible for the coordination of all legal, audit, compliance, and regulatory affairs, including through 3rd party consulting/outsourcing.
Strategy and Reporting
- Under the Director’s leadership, oversees the implementation and tracking of ISET-PI’s strategic plan;
- Provides appropriate management reports and ensures ongoing internal reporting to Director and Board (through internal progress monitoring document OGSM), and additional, as directed by the Director and the Executive Board.
Staffing and Staff Development
- Assists in coordination and team-building and professional development within ISET-PI, as mandated by the ISET Director;
- Ensures human resource allocation across the projects and teams within the Policy Institute.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Public Policy, Business or any related field (education in foreign reputable education institution is a plus);
- Minimum of 10 years of highly relevant professional experience;
- Experience in a policy-related environment, either in research or actual policy management/implementation;
- Demonstrated experience in management, incl. project management, and successful collaboration in a dynamic, highly qualified team;
- Experience working with international donors and partners; Experience with EU funding mechanisms is an asset.
- Manages resources effectively through strong organization skills, multi-tasking, delegation, time management, and project management skills;
- Strong economic thinker, familiarity with policy, across a wide range of issue areas, curiosity to learn more;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Georgian is required.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send cover letter and CV to: [email protected] with “Deputy Director” in the subject.