Georgia is consistently performing very well in the World Bank’s “Doing Business” (DB) ranking 24th country globally in 2016:
- DB ranking is made up of several different indicators
- Georgia only ranked 62nd for getting electricity (GE)
- GE indicator is a proxy for electricity supply quality to the business
- What is the exact problem and how can a real improvement of the business environment in this area be affected?
- The aim is not to improve ranking alone, but to use the DB methodology to identify room for real improvement.
Since September 2014, the ISET Policy Institute has been working with the German Economic Team (GET). In May 2015 ISET-PI and GET extended their partnership and began working on a variety of policy briefs for Georgia's industrial development. These briefs will simultaneously advance research in the sector and provide the Georgian government a set of guidelines for the development of its own policy, exploring where Georgia's comparative advantages lie. The German Economic Team is a consulting group that provides advisory services to the Georgian government on economic policy and is supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.