The International School of Economics at TSU (ISET) and its Policy Institute in Tbilisi, Georgia seek to make an appointment.
Position: Head of Finance
Reporting to: Executive Director and Executive Board;
Start time: Summer, 2021;
Direct Reports: 2;
Finance and legal execution:
● Is responsible for leading the Finance department of ISET, and managing 2 FTEs;
● Is responsible for appropriate design, implementation, and control of Finance, Accounting, Performance Reporting, and Legal activities;
● Provides management for all financial activities including strategic financial planning, budget analysis and management, financial modeling and reporting, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting, accounting, statutory reporting, and financial operations;
● Is responsible for designing, implementing, and control of appropriate internal controls, internal financial systems, and processes to ensure compliance with accepted accounting policies and practices;
● Oversees ISET Policy Institute’s financial activities (ISET - PI) - in charge of budget-related activities of all ISET - PI projects - from application and budget planning, to contracting, through execution and external reporting; Leads ISET - PI financial planning internal processes, including monitoring and planning of all financial activities;
● Oversees the implementation and tracking of a 5-year strategic plan to ensure ISET and ISET-PI sustainability;
● Collaborates with other departments and management to identify and pursue funding prospects, supports the development of funding proposals and donor reports (including ISET-PI funding proposals);
● Coordinates management and financial auditing, whether internal or external lead;
● Is responsible for the coordination of all legal, compliance, and regulatory affairs, including through 3rd party consulting/outsourcing;
● Provides appropriate management reports as directed by the Director and the Executive Board.
• Advanced degree in the field of Finance or Accounting;
• Certified/Chartered Accountant qualification or equivalent.
• Minimum of 6 years of corporate experience, of which minimum 3 years in a senior financial management role;
• Proven expertise in accounting principles and strong understanding of financial, accounting, and taxation requirements.
• Manages resources effectively through strong organization skills, multi-tasking, delegation, time management, and project management skills;
• Awareness of current legal issues associated with the educational industry;
• Detail-oriented and highly organized with strong analytical skills;
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
• Fluency in written and spoken English and Georgian is required.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send letter of interest and CV to: [email protected] with “Head of Finance” in the subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.