Based at the International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET), the ISET Policy Institute (ISET-PI) is one of the first university-based think tanks in the South Caucasus. ISET-PI complements the educational mission of ISET by delivering training, conducting research and analysis, expressing views on policy, and providing a professional platform for policy discussions and debates.
ISET-PI is seeking a Survey Designer/Coordinator who will report to the ISET-PI Deputy Director.
Main responsibilities include:
• Designing and implementing sampling and data collection efforts alone or in coordination with the Data Scientist and/or other relevant actors;
• Suggesting proactively interesting and feasible directions for data collection and analysis;
• Participating in PI projects requiring data analytical skills;
• Organize and provide training for external customers (for free) and for internal/institutional staff;
• Engage proactively in the acquisition of contracts aiming at generating and/or managing data for third parties, and/or building capacity (through training), both jointly with other PI centers or independently;
• Contributing proactively to the following functions of the Data Center:
o Store safely and in an organized manner all data generated, acquired, and collected within the institution:
o Centralize all existing/archived institutional data in a data depository and create a catalog of its entries;
o Automate the process of adding new/incoming data to the depository and updating the data catalog;
o Support data collection activities of PI centers and/or ISET faculty:
o Perform or assist the ISET Data Unit and/or external sampling experts in sample size estimation, ensuring the representativeness of samples given the target level of accuracy;
o Identify the main/key data generating entities in the country and work on establishing close contacts and partnerships with them;
o Upon need, advise with the design of data collection strategies for specific institutional projects;
o Manage and coordinate the implementation of data collection efforts;
o Be proactive in suggesting new interesting and feasible directions for data collection and analysis;
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Data Science or a related field;
• A two years of relevant work experience is preferable, with demonstrated experience in Designing and/or Coordinating a survey implementation process;
• Strong competency in relevant statistical software and programming languages is a significant plus;
• Fluency and strong command of English and Georgian.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position to the following email address [email protected] Please indicate “Survey Designer/Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The deadline to apply is March 25, 2020.