The Policy Brief predicted the potential for Georgia to specialize in the international provision of business services (PP/01/2015).
- Potential was predicted in the service trade category of “other business services”, encompassing mainly:
– Operational leasing services: International leasing of equipment
– Legal and accounting services, Management consulting, and public relations
– Advertising, market research
– R&D, architectural and technical services
- We proceed in two stages:
1. Analysis of the current situation in Georgia and on the world market
2. Competitive potential of Georgia for producing these goods
- Goal: Plausibility check of predicted potential
Since September 2014, the ISET Policy Institute has been working with the German Economic Team (GET). In May 2015 ISET-PI and GET extended their partnership and began working on a variety of policy briefs for Georgia's industrial development. These briefs will simultaneously advance research in the sector and provide the Georgian government a set of guidelines for the development of its own policy, exploring where Georgia's comparative advantages lie. The German Economic Team is a consulting group that provides advisory services to the Georgian government on economic policy and is supported by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.