Based at the International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET), the ISET Policy Institute (ISET-PI) is one of the first university-based think tanks in the South Caucasus. ISET-PI complements the educational mission of ISET by delivering training, conducting research and analysis, expressing views on policy, and providing a professional platform for policy discussions and debates.
ISET-PI is seeking to hire a researcher with a graduate degree in Economics or related fields. ISET-PI offers an intellectually stimulating, collaborative working environment, excellent possibility for professional advancement, competitive salary, and benefits for recent economics graduates and/or young professionals.
Title: Junior Researcher
Job type: Full time
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2021
Probation: 3 months (Paid)
The main responsibilities and tasks of the researcher include:
- Providing quarterly Macroeconomic review, analyzing macroeconomic trends in Georgia, and writing blogs on different economic topics;
- Working with lead economists, senior researchers, and other team members - participating in policy research projects and in producing publications (e.g., reports for clients, academic articles, policy briefs, blog posts, news items, etc.);
- Taking part in organizing events, conferences;
- Conducting literature reviews and statistical analysis;
- Contributing to writing project proposals.
Qualifications and skills:
- At least BA degree in economics or business administration;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research;
- Proven excellent command of English (both speaking and writing) is a must;
- Excellent command of Georgian language (both speaking and writing) strongly preferred. Knowledge of Russian or any other regional language is a plus;
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills;
- Experience using basic computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience using Stata would be considered an advantage;
- Responsibility and ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work well in teams, diligence.
Please send your CV and a cover letter (in English) outlining your interest in the position to the following email address [email protected] Please indicate “Researcher/Junior Researcher” in the subject line of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The deadline to apply is September 30, 2021.