Between April 19-21, ISET PI’s Agricultural and Rural Policy Research Center (APRC) conducted training with representatives from the parliament’s Agrarian Issues Committee. These meetings were supported by the UNDP as part of their EU project – Consolidation of Parliamentary Democracy in Georgia.
The APRC delivered sessions on the following thematic areas:
- An overview of the situation in the sector and the key indicators;
- Current issues related to the development of cooperatives in Georgia;
- A sectoral analysis-value chain analysis;
- Land market development in Georgia;
- The Association Agreement with the European Union and DCFTA;
- Environmental issues related to agriculture.
All participants took part in group work assignments throughout each session, which were moreover followed by extensive discussions on pertinent agricultural topics. Notably, this process helped facilitate a key information exchange between APRC and members of the Committee.