Title: Professor/Head of Center for Energy and Environmental Economics Research
Location: Tbilisi, GEORGIA
Annual Base Salary: USD60,000 (net). Bonuses will be provided for publications in internationally refereed journals and successful grant applications.
Description: International School of Economics at Tbilisi State University (ISET) and ISET Policy Institute seek to appoint one scholar to teach graduate-level courses and lead policy research programs in Energy and Environmental Economics. The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Economics from a reputable Western university and a strong record of teaching, research and policy consulting in relevant fields.
• Teaching in ISET’s Economics MA program and supervising student theses;
• Coordinating the Energy and Environmental Economics Concentration in the ISET Economics MA program and/or executive programs in related fields;
• Developing grant applications and leading applied research and training projects;
• Providing research-based policy advice and participating in public policy discussions;
• Writing on policy issues in the ISET Economist Blog (www.iset.ge/blog), other printed and electronic media.
This will be a fixed term, renewable appointment with salary commensurate with the candidates’ experience and reputation. Preference is for a full-time appointment but other options involving considerable physical presence in Tbilisi will be considered. Knowledge of Georgian and/or Russian languages will be considered an advantage. Position is subject to available funding and will be open until filled.
- Cover Letter
- Job Market Paper
- Teaching Evaluations
- Letters of Reference
- Consulting report / policy paper / blog post / newspaper column