Senior Researcher at Energy and Environment Policy Research Center
Maka Chitanava holds BA in State and Municipal Governance from Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU) and MA in Economics from ISET. She has been with ISET and ISET-Policy Institute since 2008. Currently Ms. Chitanava is senior researcher and is involved in a variety of policy research projects, focused on social policy analysis and regulation.
Apart from the research she is delivering trainings on a variety of public policy issues and is visiting lecturer at University of Georgia. Courses taught by her are: Principles of Micro and Macroeconomics, Fiscal Decentralization and Local Economic Development, History of Economic Thought. Ms. Chitanava is regular blogger at the ISET Economist Blog.
1. Understanding the Puzzle of Informal Employment in Georgia
4. “The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on Public Service Delivery in Economies of the Former Soviet Union” Publisher: CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research on behalf of CASE Network, No.101/2011
5. “Determinants of Child Care Choices in Georgia”, ISET Master Thesis (2008)
6. Regulatory Impact Assessment on Crop Insurance Reform of Georgia. Publisher: ISET-PI/USAID Governing for Growth (G4G) in Georgia Project, 2015
7. Economic Reforms: Market Liberalization vs. Social Responsibility. Lessons Learnt from Georgia for Ukraine (policy paper). Publisher: Center for Cultural Relations – Caucasian House. Tbilisi, Georgia, 2015
8. Population Situation Analysis (PSA). Publisher: UNFPA, Tbilisi, Georgia, 2015
9. Pilot Regulatory Impact Assessment on Draft Code on Spatial Planning and Construction. Publisher: USAID Economic Prosperity Initiative, ISET Policy Institute. September 2014